Choosing the best computer for photo editing features can be a tricky thing. Actually, there are verities of model available and to be perplexed while selecting the best one is pretty normal. Here in this article, you will get direct information regarding Best Computer for Photo editing. Please, take a look!
You must keep in mind before choosing the best computer for photo editing:
- Both Mac and Pc tend to deliver the best result in photo editing but Mac has better records in terms of looking best and fit in the aesthetic design.
- The first thing you need to keep your mind in before buying a computer is on Monitor. Invest a handsome amount on Monitor. While editing pictures, you do not need a monitor with a limited color range or way to light or way to the bright screen. Eventually, you will be disappointed after printing if the editing is poor. A monitor with a wide color gamut should be your target.
- Depending on your situation pick a laptop or Desktop. If you a travel guy, the Laptop is a must. Desktop on the other hand is best for a cozy home environment. For photographers, a laptop is a must-have item these days as they need to attend multi-days shooting sessions. In terms of ability, nothing beats desktop, but a laptop can be also transformed in the level of a desktop. But it comes at a higher price.
- Next try maxing out your processor investing a handsome amount of money. In this case, you can’t compromise, because for a photographer having a computer that has multi-tasking ability is a must. Nonetheless, a quad-core to a six- processor would be the best choice for you.
- Having a Ram of 8 GB should be just fine for you. However, if you want to take it to another level then try the 16 GB one, but having a RAM this high will require particular settings for your computer to adjust.
- For a photographer, a highly powerful graphics card is not a must-have item. If you are willing to edit photos as well as videos, this is where you might need a good quality graphic card.
- Try using SSD as your main hard drive. Also, be aware of the facts about how to keep a backup of your precious photos. Visit here to get photo-backup ideas: https://digital-photography-school.com/create-a-backup-today
Best computers for photo editing:
One all rounder set for editing photos, Apple mac mini2020.
Its features are:
- CPU: 4 and 6 Core generation
- Connectivity: 802. 11 ac Wi-Fi support
- Storage: 2TB SSD
- RAM: Up to 64 GB
- 3 ports
What makes Apple Mac Mini capable of editing photos? Well, it supports 64GB RAM and USD graphics 630. Thus its best for photo editing.
Also when you need to pamper it more, you can add external graphic cards through thunderbolt. The tiny size of it makes it easier to handle. It won’t take much place on your table.
At the very beginning of 2020, Apple updated its form, and guess what! It’s better than ever.
You can check the product here: https://www.amazon.in/gp/search?tag=georiot-in-default-21&keywords=Apple+Mac+Mini&ascsubtag=dcw-5995244612079976000-20
2. Acer Aspire:
If you are concerned about saving your budget then have a look into Acer Aspire TC.
The features are:
- Core i5 CPU
- 13.4×6.4x 13.8” dimensions
- 1TB HDD
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
- Gigabit Ethernet with 802.11 ac WiFi connectivity
Acer Aspire is a budget friendly computer for photo editors as well as it has some high standard specs. This high configuration computer comes with -6 core and high configuration processor with the 8GB RAM. The slim line design makes it easier to use and takes less spaces. If you want to upgrade then you can add components according to your demand.
it doesn’t have integrated graphics, but that’s not a big deal, these can be always added anytime you can.
3.HP Gaming desktop:
When you have to keep in mind both quality and price, HP Gaming Desktop can be just the one for you.
Features of HP gaming Desktop are:
- 256GB –SSD storage
- Core i5 CPU
- Gigabit Ethernet
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4
Though this Desktop pavilion features as “gaming” it is also good for photographers. The desktop comes with a 6-Core processor and a graphics card of Nvidia with 8 GB RAM. Having these features you are already guessing it’s the best pick up for photo-editing job.
Furthermore, the memory card is multi card. Without taking much of your time it will quickly transfer pictures. However, you can add an extra hard drive to make your computer work faster.
These days we seek for the complete solution, and Apple iMac falls into this category.
Apple iMac comes with featuring:
- 9th-gen CPU with Core i7
- 51.6×65.0x20.3cm Dimensions.
- 570X graphics
- 8-64 GB RAM
Apple iMac is the complete solution for photographers because it appears with latest technology. You are getting powerful graphics, with Intel processor 9th generation, and an abundance of RAM. Moreover, the storage option is pretty impressive.
Apple Company is in good terms with creativity. Plus, it comes with macOS software which is perfect for photo retouching.
5. Microsoft Surface Studio:
Microsoft Surface Studio 2 is indeed a great combination of power and style.
Its characteristics are:
- RAM: 32 GB
- Nividia GeForce graphics
- Core i7 CPU
- Gigabit Ethernet
- 1TB SSD
- 25x22x3.22 cm dimentions
If you are not into Apple products then you might want to take a look at this Microsoft Surface which is a wonderful mixture of style and power.
The hardware that comes with it is a great pick for photographers. You are getting more options to interact with it as it is offering a touch-capable screen. Windows 10 is preferable for it. But it might be a bit pricy calculating all components.
Have a look at the product here: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B085LMGF36?tag=georiot-us-default-20&th=1&psc=1&ascsubtag=dcw-4016281326704593000-20
6. Lenovo 24-inch IdeaCentre A340:
Here is another lovely Windows computer for photographers.
- RAM: 8 GB DDR4 2666 MHz
- Display: 23.8″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS Multi-touch
- Graphics: Integrated Intel® UHD Graphics 630
- CPU: 9th-generation Intel Core i5-9400T
- Storage: 1 TB 5400 RPM + 128 GB PCIe SSD
It will provide enough power to run Adobe Photoshop and any other photo editing application. It’s good for photo retouching because it offers an IPS screen. Though the screen is only 1080p resolution, it shows the IPS display tech ensuring excellent contrast accuracy and angles.
The best thing about it is that it’s not as pricy as Apple iMac Machines.
Check the product here: https://www.amazon.in/s?k=Lenovo&ascsubtag=dcw-4705226371288351000-20&tag=georiot-in-default-21
7. Intel Hades Canyon:
Intel Hades Canyon NUC will make you wonder how a tiny set of computers can do many wonders. Do not get baffled by its size, because it does wonders in photo editing.
The characteristics it comes with are:
- Graphics: Intel UHD Graphics
- CPU: Intel Core i7-8809G
- Storage: N/A
- RAM: N/A
The devices it comes with are small but powerful enough to fit for photo retouching. Moreover, you can add RAM, hard drive according to your need. Complete the Installation of windows 10, though it can be a little bit complicated for people who are not expert.
The best thing about it is that you can choose and buy your components keeping pace with your budget and need.
8. iMac Pro: If you are looking for a powerful processor with professional delivery than go straight for Apple iMac Pro.
- Vega 56 and Vega 64 graphics
- Dimentions (WxDxH): 65x 20.3 x 51.6cm
- Storage: 1 TB SSD
- Intel Xeon CPU
- 802.11ac Wi-Fi connectivity
If you are a professional photographers, it is quite necessary to work with a high configuration computer and Apple iMac Pro providing you that. The noteworthy components it offers are-Intel Xeon W processor, powerful graphic cards, and RAM. The combination of these powerful components helps in performing multi-tasks with faster speed.
The great of all is that the professional-grade graphics cards ensure editing photos in high resolution. PC can be a bit pricy to buy.
Choosing the best computer for photo editing is challenging as well as fun only when you have picked the Best Computer for Photo editing. Be sure to choose according to your demands and budget. If you are working on a professional level then investing in a good brand shall worth it. Other than that, have all components in one within your budget is just fine for photo retouching purposes.